While creating this Blog, I came across a quote by Laura Ingalls Wilder. I thought the name sounded familiar. I remembered that I had received a book from one of my teachers for Christmas and the book was written by Laura Ingalls Wilder. I could not for the life of me remember the name of the book so I called my mom. She didn't remember either so I looked it up online and realized it was "Christmas in the Big Woods." All I remembered from the book was how Laura was watching her family make molasses. haha. My mom found the book and was reading me the note that my teacher had left me. It was from my first grade teachers Mr. Helms, and Ms. Rainwater (now Mrs. Cooper). I remember that I loved that book and read it all the time. haha. I can't wait to visit home so that I can read it again! It's funny how the little things can mean to much to someone and it stays with them the rest of their lives. My teachers gave me that book when I was 6 years old. Now, 12 years later, I still remember the day they gave me that book. And I will always cherish that moment. :]
"Good children's literature appeals not only to the child in the adult, but to the adult in the child."
-Anonymous
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment